25 Travel Quotes to inspire your inner wanderlust
As I sit and scroll through the endless travel quotes on Instagram and Pinterest and finding enough inspiration and emotion in the words to keep my itchy feet at bay for a little while longer. I have decided to to share with you my favourite travel quotes that will hopefully inspire you to seek your inner wanderlust.
- I can’t think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything. Suddenly you are five years old again. You can’t read anything, you have only the most rudimentary sense of how things work, you can’t even reliably cross a street without endangering your life. Your whole existence becomes a series of interesting guesses.- Bill Bryson
3. And if travel is like love, it is, in the end, mostly because it’s a heightened sense of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.- Pico Iyer
4. It’s so hard to leave until you leave and then it becomes the easiest goddamned thing in the world- John Green
5. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.- Robert Louis Stevenson
6. I love the places that make you realise how tiny you and your problems are.
7.Travel isn’t pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart, but that’s ok. The journey changes you- it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your heart and on your body. You take something with you…Hopefully, you leave something good behind. – Anthony Bourdain.
9. At any point in your life you can walk away, fly away, drive away. You can completely change your life in an instant. If you want to.
10. Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to.-Judith Thurman
11. Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote and I know that I shall be happily infected for the rest of my life- Michael Palin
12. I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, Then I ask myself the same question.
13. You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.
15. You’re always talking about escaping aren’t you? Always talking about it. Always dreaming about it.
16. It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
17. No reason to stay is a good reason to go.
18. The trouble is you think you have time.
19. I want a life measured in first steps on foreign soils and deep breaths in brand new seas. I want a life measured in welcome signs, each stamped with a different name, borders marked with metal and paint. Show me the streets that don’t know the music of my wandering feet and I will play their song upon them. Perfume me please, in the smells of faraway, I will never wash my hair if it promises to stay. I want a life measured in the places I haven’t gone. Short sleeps on long flights, strange voices teaching me new words to describe the dawn.
20. You can recreate yourself as many times as there are cities in the world. I think it is for that reason we all love to travel.
22. You get a strange feeling when you’re about to leave a place…like you’ll not only miss the people you love, but you’ll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you’ll never be the same again.- Azar Nafisi
23. She was free in the her wilderness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and no city.- Roman Payne
24. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did do.- Mark Twain
Do you have a favourite quote?
Let me know in the comments.